Coach Schlie is currently the Head Coach for the Sioux Falls Power AAA 15 team and has 12+ years of coaching experience from the youth competitive level, to Tier I and Tier II, and the Junior levels (NAHL/USHL). Prior to this season, Eric was an Assistant Coach for the St. Cloud Norsemen in the NAHL. Come work on concepts such as: finding the soft ‘goal-scoring’ areas around the net, using body position to improve scoring opportunities, quick in-tight shot release through screens, and many more concepts in an fun high-paced environment that prioritizes skill adaptability to in-game transfer.
Dates: December 28th & 29, 2022
Location: Eagle Pool & Ice Rink
Cost: $140/per player
4 hours of ice over 2 days
All divisions are co-ed
Goalies- FREE (please complete registration)
10U (2012-2013 birth years)
12U (2010-2011 birth years)
14U/HS (2009 & older)
CLICK HERE to register
Vail Mountaineer Hockey Club is pleased to invite you to the 9th Annual Vail Girls' MLK Tournament- January 13-16, 2023.
Register NOW to secure your spot.
Registration closes Monday, December 5, 2022.
Click HERE for more information and to register.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE 2021 AVALANCHE ALUMNI WEEKEND!
USA Hockey Playing Rule Changes
A couple of major rule changes this season:
- Players are now given a Game Misconduct if he/she receives 4 penalties in a game (used to be 5).
- The Head Coach is now suspended if the team receives 12 or more penalties in a game (used to be 15).
- All Youth/Girls levels are now prohibited from icing the puck when short handed, with the exception of High School.
- Tag up offsides has now been eliminated at all Youth/Girls levels with the exception of High School.
- Minor penalties for 12U and younger have been shortened as follows: for
periods of 12 minutes or less - penalty length is 1 minute
for periods greater than 12 minutes, but less than 17 minutes - penalty length is 1:30 minutes.
You can read a full summary of playing rule changes below. There were quite a few technical changes to definitions and language regarding body checking, late checking, possession of puck, etc.. In the below link/ document
2021-25 USA Hockey Playing Rule Change Summary
Don't miss any important updates from the club regarding practices, games and team manager updates. Click HERE to see a Sports Engine tutorial to make sure your settings and guardians are set up correctly.