THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE 2021 AVALANCHE ALUMNI WEEKEND!
USA Hockey Playing Rule Changes
A couple of major rule changes this season:
- Players are now given a Game Misconduct if he/she receives 4 penalties in a game (used to be 5).
- The Head Coach is now suspended if the team receives 12 or more penalties in a game (used to be 15).
- All Youth/Girls levels are now prohibited from icing the puck when short handed, with the exception of High School.
- Tag up offsides has now been eliminated at all Youth/Girls levels with the exception of High School.
- Minor penalties for 12U and younger have been shortened as follows: for
periods of 12 minutes or less - penalty length is 1 minute
for periods greater than 12 minutes, but less than 17 minutes - penalty length is 1:30 minutes.
You can read a full summary of playing rule changes below. There were quite a few technical changes to definitions and language regarding body checking, late checking, possession of puck, etc.. In the below link/ document
2021-25 USA Hockey Playing Rule Change Summary
Don't miss any important updates from the club regarding practices, games and team manager updates. Click HERE to see a Sports Engine tutorial to make sure your settings and guardians are set up correctly.